Mission and values
Hôtel-Dieu de France’s mission focuses on several dimensions:
- Provide patients with cutting-edge medicine and quality care.
HDF, with 29 000 hospitalizations and 30 000 emergencies per year, meets the medical needs of the Lebanese community across the country, as well as people from Syria, Iraq, Jordan and more.
- Train healthcare professionals at the service of patients and the community.
In collaboration with the Faculty of Medicine and the various health institutions of USJ, HDF
contributes each year to the training of 100 medical interns and 250 residents, as well as a number of nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists, speech therapists, psychomotor therapists and other health professionals.
- Participate in the progress of medicine, namely through the promotion of top-level research on various medical and nursing fields.
- Promote mutual respect and welcome people seeking care without discrimination.
- Join the community's public service and maintain an external consultation of public assistance.
- Be a national and regional reference center.
Hôtel-Dieu de France is deeply committed to a series of values shared by all the administrative and healthcare personnel. These values reflect the mission and vision of HDF and are at the heart of each of its decisions.
- Excellence: The constant will to be positioned at the forefront of human and technological progress, on medical, academic, scientific and administrative levels.
- Service: A spirit of service in the sense that each actor in the hospital, regardless of their position, takes part according to their skills in the services offered while paying constant attention to patient satisfaction.
- Diversity: HDF is enriched by the diversity of its actors, collaborators and care seekers, within a socio-political and cultural context specific to Lebanon.
- Partnership: HDF is the central figure of a healthcare network made up of several establishments from different regions, recognized as an agent of excellence by its partners and working with them in complementarity.
- Leadership: Foster leadership that encourages all actors to express their ideas, allowing them to participate in the decision-making process while helping them become more responsible and empowering them.
Hôtel-Dieu de France wishes to become a “reference University Hospital at national and regional levels, with the highest quality of care, organized in networks and around centers of excellence.”