Digestive and Endocrine Surgery
The main characteristic of the Department lies in the distribution of surgical procedures into subspecialties to ensure a higher level of care. With the adoption of this distribution thanks to the presence of expert surgeons, the Department has proven to be a pioneer in this field.
The fields of expertise include:
- Standard and minimally invasive (advanced laparoscopy) hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery.
- Standard and minimally invasive (advanced laparoscopy) esogastric surgery.
- Standard and minimally invasive (advanced laparoscopy) colorectal and proctological surgery.
- Endocrine surgery: standard and minimally invasive thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery.
- Bariatric surgery (pioneer department since 1998): gastric bypass, mini-gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, sleeve plus gastrectomy.
The Department is responsible of providing multidisciplinary care and ensuring remote postoperative follow-up of foreign patients.