Anesthesiology and Reanimation
The Department of Anesthesiology, Reanimation and Pain Management is at the heart of the hospital's activities, contributing to the development of all specialties in the field.
It offers patients optimal care in anesthesiology, reanimation and pain management within a framework of high-level care, academic training and research.
The Department is considered a national and regional reference in the field, both in quality of care and academic terms.
The Department is composed of 16 specialized anesthesiologists-resuscitators.
It provides all anesthesia services across the entire hospital and is in charge of both the polyvalent and the cardiothoracic surgical intensive care units. It is responsible for the activity of the Evaluation and Pain Management Center, the first center in the region, created in 1995.
As part of its academic mission, the Department provides training for medical residents in anesthesiology and intensive care.
It is specialized in providing:
- pre-anesthesia consultation;
- adult, neonatal and pediatric anesthesia for difficult and complex surgery: awake craniotomy, aortic dissection, major spine surgery, oncological surgery and HIPEC, complex obstetric surgery, craniostenosis and complex congenital heart disease;
- advanced anesthetic techniques: cervical block for carotid surgery, peripheral blocks for distal vascular bypasses, pectoral nerve blocks for breast surgery, anesthesia in rhythmology, OFA (opioid-free anesthesia), laryngeal microsurgery without intubation, anesthesia and orphan diseases, locoregional anesthesia in pediatrics;
- advanced monitoring techniques: PiCCO, ProACT and transesophageal echocardiogram;
- advanced analgesic techniques in acute pain treatment and cognitive behavioral therapy in chronic pain treatment;
- blood conservation techniques and "Patient Blood Management"
- perioperative management of outpatients.