The Department of Urology, founded in the 1970s, is one of the most active departments with more than 2,000 surgical procedures performed in 2019.
The Department is composed of 10 urologists of different subspecialties. They supervise medical students as well as future urologists in training at the Faculty of Medicine of Saint Joseph University.
The department includes several skills:
- Minimally invasive surgery is provided with the necessary tools while remaining as minimally invasive as possible for the patient‘s well-being
- Laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of urogenital pathologies (renal, ureteral, prostatic, bladder, adrenal, treatment of urogenital prolapse in women)
- Incontinence surgery for both sexes.
- Endoscopic - endourological surgery and laser for urinary stones; laser and new forms of energies for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Prosthetic surgery (artificial sphincter, penile prosthesis, testicular prosthesis, TVT, TVTO)
- Urethral and penile surgery
- Adult and pediatric kidney transplants (first department in Lebanon) in cooperation with the Department of Nephrology.
The Department refers to a technical platform for urodynamic assessments.