Founded in 2010 and composed of 10 psychiatrists, the Department of Psychiatry:
- offers multidisciplinary care to children, adolescents, adults and seniors suffering from mental disorders.
- represents a training ground for students from different faculties of Saint Joseph University.
- undertakes research activities on mental illness and related treatment.
- has a social mission that is reflected in the free assistance provided for ensuring care for people in need.
The Department offers:
- Supportive and occupational therapies
- Psychosocial rehabilitation:
- Day hospital (psychotherapeutic, occupational and dietary interventions, as well as medical and nursing follow-up)
- Cognitive remediation
- Psychoeducation program for families
- Liaison psychiatry (psychiatric consultations in the hospital's departments and in the Emergency Department)
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Social actions:
- Consultations at the HDF Family Medicine Center
- Free consultations every Thursday, provided to four non-governmental organizations (NGOs):
- Association du Foyer de l’Enfant Libanais (AFEL)
- Jesuit Refugee Services (JRS)
- Francophone Association for Mental Illnesses (AFMM) :
- Combating stigma through awareness programs for professionals and the public.
- Financial assistance to people suffering from a mental disorder and living in a precarious situation: free hospitalization, free consultations, free medications...